Friday, January 24, 2014

Chicken Tortilla Soup

I got this recipe from the cookbook Come Home To Dinner and it turned out pretty good. I made a few small changes, but the basic recipe is the same. You can also control how spicy this is by getting mild or spicy enchilada sauce. Next time I think that I will add a can of black beans to this as well. This recipe is all about opening a few cans, pouring them into the slow cooker, and voila! Dinner's ready. 

Ingredients:

1 can of chicken broth
1 29 oz can crushed tomatoes
1 11 oz can of red enchilada sauce
1 4 oz can green chiles
1 tsp chili powder
1 tsp. cumin
1 tsp dried cilantro
1 heaping tsp of minced garlic
1 pkg boneless skinless chicken thighs
2 c frozen corn
1 small onion diced

Garnishes: 
Tortilla strips or crushed up tortilla chips
Sour Cream



Add everything to the slow cooker! I didn't even cut up the chicken, it will fall apart by the time the soup is ready!


I cooked it on low for about 7 hours. That's it!


Happy Eating!
Monlat




No comments:

Post a Comment