Friday, September 6, 2013

Egg White Cups



This is a quick, easy, and fairly healthy breakfast that I like. I know that there are a ton of these type of egg cups out there and you can change this one up in a lot of different ways. I usually use fresh green onions in this, but as luck would have it I was out when I made this recipe this morning and a trip to the store was just out of the question. Thankfully a trip to the cupboard saved the day. The dehydrated chives don't have as much flavor as anything fresh, but it still did the job. I used a bit of left over grilled chicken today, but I have used diced deli turkey, ham. and  Canadian bacon. I've also used sauteed mushrooms in the mix. Mozzarella cheese is also good to use. Mix it up and let me know the combos you come up with. This version makes 6 egg cups.


Ingredients:

Liquid egg whites
1 green onion-diced
1/3 c. seeded and chopped tomato
1/3 to 1/2 cup diced grilled chicken
Enough cheese to sprinkle over each cup



Directions:

Preheat oven to 350*. Spray 6 cup muffin pan very generously with cooking spray-I mean spray those suckers to death! I spray all over in case some egg white spills over, it will make for much easier clean up. Fill each muffin cup a little less than 1/2 full with egg whites. Add green onion, tomato, and chicken to each. Fill cups to the top with more egg white. Sprinkle with cheese. Salt and Pepper to taste. Cook for about 20 minutes, start checking at around 18 minutes, the cups should start puffing up and setting. Once they are done immediately remove from pan. 


Enjoy!







No comments:

Post a Comment