Wednesday, February 5, 2014

Crockpot Beef Chimichangas

I got the inspiration for this recipe from Jam Hands and it looked so delicious that I had to give it a try. Instead of frying the chimis I baked them. They turned out yummy, but if I am completely honest, you just can't beat fried bread! Although baking is definitely healthier I will probably splurge and fry them next time. But here is my version!

Ingredients:

2 to 3 pound chuck roast
10 oz. can Original Rotel (You can use mild or spicy)
1 medium yellow onion, diced
1 tsp. cumin
1 tsp garlic-chopped
1 Tbsp salt
2 packages Sazon 
1 pkg large flour tortillas
Shredded Mexican cheese
Sour Cream


(Just in case you aren't familiar with Sazon here is what the packaging looks like. You can find it with the Latin/Hispanic food section of the grocery store)


Place the roast and onions in the bottom of the slow cooker and turn it to low for 6-8 hours or high for 4-6.


Mix the Rotel, garlic, salt, & Sazon together in a small bowl.


Pour over onions.



Shred cooked beef and place in the center of tortillas and fold. 


Bake in a 350* oven for about 20 minutes. Remove chimis and then add a little cheese to the top of each chimi and bake until the cheese is melted and bubbly. 


I serve these with my pico and sour cream. If you want to go all out Mexican rice and refried beans would be great with these!

Happy Eating!
Monlat


No comments:

Post a Comment