Saturday, October 26, 2013

Pico De Gallo


I learned to make this a while back and it is so good that you will want to drink the juice that forms in the bottom with a straw. Yeah, it's that good! Make this a few hours ahead to let the flavors meld.


Ingredients:

1 bundle of fresh cilantro
1/2 of a red onion
2 tomatoes
Juice of 1/2 of a lime
1/2 jalapeno
1 tsp finely chopped garlic
1/4 tsp salt

Directions:


I chop the jalapeno as small as I can without making mush. I don't like biting into bit chunks of jalapeno.


I chop the onion quite a bit bigger.


I very roughly chop the entire bundle of cilantro. I LOVE the flavor. If it's too much for you start with half and go from there. This is more like a cilantro salad since I love it so much. Add all of the ingredients in a large bowl and mix together thoroughly. I have eaten this right away, but if you let it sit in the fridge for at least an hour or two it will be even better.


Happy Eating!
Monlat

No comments:

Post a Comment