Friday, August 30, 2013

The Best of Clean Eating



First, let me just admit that I have been living dirty my entire adult life and it never really bothered me before. When you're young and cute, a little crash dieting and you could fit your little hinie right back into those favorite jeans. Now that I am on the back end of 42 I am noticing very disturbing changes. I could stop eating all together and my body can just live off of the stored fat and my metabolism would be none the wiser since the first bite of bread would put that scale right back to where it liked being. My body's ability to tolerate some of the things that I could eat before is definitely gone as well. McDonald's, not without a little Maalox. Ice cream, Lactaid please-everyone around will thank me. Pizza and Mexican food, yeah I carry tums in my purse now. So after much soul searching and debate with my husband over whether or not I was ready to make a lifestyle change, I finally decided that maybe I should actually start taking care of myself as well as him, the kids, and the dog. My dog, a miniature schnauzer named Bubba with a myriad of allergies seems to be on a more specialized diet than me, so I decided to make a change and buy this book. Ya'll it's great. My family and I have enjoyed the things that I have made from this and not just in the "that's pretty good for diet food" way, this stuff is actually flavorful. The only miss was the shrimp and barley, my husband felt like it was too close to oatmeal consistency.I still eat dirty,but this cookbook is making it much easier to get a little cleaner. 

No comments:

Post a Comment