Saturday, January 25, 2014

Slow Cooker Beef Sandwiches


I saw the recipe for Italian Beef sandwiches in a cookbook that I recently reviewed Come Home to Supper and it sounded so easy that I wanted to give it a try with just a few small changes. In Christy's version she sautes the peppers and onions separately before adding them on top of the beef after it's on the buns and she adds Zesty Italian Dressing. For some reason the Italian dressing didn't sound so good to me and I couldn't bring myself to add it and if I was going to use the slow cooker I didn't want to dirty another pan by sauteing the veggies later. (That's just pure laziness I know, but it's the truth!) Also, I had never used a jar gravy before but I wanted to give it a try and it actually turned out pretty good! I think that next time I will play around with different seasonings and do a repost in the future. But as for right now, here is my slightly lazier version!


Ingredients:

1 3lb boneless chuck roast 
1 jar of beef gravy
Half of 1 yellow onion sliced
1 yellow bell pepper sliced

 
(This is the jarred gravy I used)

Directions:


This is literally an assembly recipe with very little work! I just but the roast in the bottom of the slow coooker, sliced the onion and bell pepper, laid them on top then poured the gravy over the whole thing!

I set the cooker to slow and let it cook for about 8 hours. The roast was fall apart tender and I shredded it with a fork, placed them on buns and added a think slice of provolone and voila! Thursday night dinner with very little effort! I will definitely be doing this again! I may even go all out next time and toast the buns and add sliced tomato on top!




Happy Eating!
Monalt

No comments:

Post a Comment