Thursday, December 5, 2013

Delicious Failure


Here's what they were supposed to look like:
Yummy looking right? (Picture from Babble)

I found a wonderfully simple recipe on Pinterest for very yummy looking 
Self-frosting Nutella Cupcakes that was featured on Babble and they looked so easy to make. Well, me being the baking genius that I think I am, decided that I could make these even easier to prepare by simply using a box cake mix. Folks, there was a reason that she made a thick cake batter! A box mix can indeed make a yummy cupcake, but this recipe needed a thick batter in order for the Nutella to properly swirl with the cake batter. She even said that in her recipe! I, in my infinite wisdom, just decided to ignore that nugget of advice. My cupcakes didn't turn out as pretty as hers, but boy are they yummy! I will give this recipe another try and actually follow the instructions because I really want to make it correctly next time. But I have to say that this was one delicious recipe failure so I decided to share it anyway. 


Now here's my delicious failure:


Ingredients:

I started with the box mix, following package instructions and adding 1/3 c. of mayo to the mix.

Directions:


Fill muffin cups with cake mix and add 1 teaspoonful of Nutella to each cup.



Using a skewer or the point of a sharp knife swirl out the Nutella. Aren't they lovely? I was so pleased at the time...


This is when I knew without a shadow of a doubt that things had gone pear shaped. Not a swirl in sight.


The Nutella had sunk to the bottom of the cupcakes. FAIL! 
However, when I tried one it was so yummy! The bottom of the cupcake had the Nutella and it had gotten just a tiny bit stiff and it was great. So the moral of this little story is that event though something doesn't turn out like you wanted it to doesn't mean that it isn't good. See?! Lemonade from lemons!

Happy Baking!
Monlat


No comments:

Post a Comment