Thursday, October 31, 2013

Cereal Treat



I make these on Halloween and my kids love them. Like they need more sugar on the most sugary day of the year! I can't for the life of me remember which magazine that I found this recipe in.  I copied this down from a magazine in the orthodontist's office about five years ago, so I am sure many of you have seen a variation of this before, it's basically a spin off of rice crispy treats. I hope you enjoy!


Ingredients:

5 cups of Peanut Butter Captain Crunch
1 bag of marshmallows
1-12.6 oz bag of M&M's
3 Tbsp of butter
1 Tbsp of peanut butter (I have made this minus the peanut butter & it was still great!)

Directions:


I both line my pan with wax paper and spray the paper with cooking spray.



Melt the butter, marshmallows  and peanut butter over medium heat until completely blended. Keep stirring the entire time or it can burn.



Add in the cereal and then the candy and start stirring and mix as quickly as possible. It's amazing how fast this will start setting up. Before I add the cereal and candy I spray the spatula with cooking spray. It will help keep things mixing together without sticking too badly to the spatula.


When things are nicely mixed quickly move to your pan and spread it out evenly.


Voila! Easy peasy! 

No comments:

Post a Comment