Monday, October 28, 2013

Chocolate Pumpkin Cupcakes


I will be featuring pumpkin recipes up until Thanksgiving in celebration of this time of year where most of us cook with pumpkin. I originally found this recipe at AllRecipes but I have tweaked it a bit. However, I have to give you a warning. If you taste the batter you may have a hard time just taking a small taste, it is that good if I do say so myself! The addition of the cinnamon and vanilla does something to the chocolate and pumpkin that turns up the flavor to a wonderful level. These are so simple to make you may find yourself making them throughout the holiday season.  This is supposed to make 24 cupcakes, but I have never been able to make a box mix make 24, I always get 23 and that by scarping the bowl dry. I guess that I use the wrong size scoop, but I like a decent size cupcake! These cupcakes come out so moist that they all but slide out of the cupcake liners. They are truly yummy and pair with coffee or tea like a dream. I never frost these, they are too good all by themselves!

Enjoy!
Monlat

Ingredients:



1 (18.25 ounce) package chocolate cake mix
 1 (15 ounce) can pumpkin
 2 eggs
 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
1/3 c mayo
1 tsp. vanilla
1 tsp. ground cinnamon

Directions:

Preheat oven to 350*

Mix together all of the ingredients until the batter is smooth, about 3-4 minutes.



Divide batter into lined cupcake pans.



 Bake for 15-20 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.




No comments:

Post a Comment