Wednesday, September 11, 2013

The Amazing Pioneer Woman

If you haven't seen her amazing cooking show The Pioneer Woman on Food Network, been to her blog The Pioneer Woman, or seen and drooled over one her cookbooks I just don't know where you've been. Ree Drummond is one of my favorites and she seems so down to Earth and is so relatable that you recognize her as just another mom raising her family and loving the process. She currently has two cookbooks available:



This was her first cookbook and it's great. I love that she has photos of each step of the recipe for every single recipe. The recipes are simple to make, unpretentious, and most of all yummy. My family's favorite from this cookbook is the Chicken Spaghetti recipe on page 130. I have made this recipe so often that when I open the book and try to lay it flat it automatically goes to this page! This recipe is so rich and filling and is the perfect fall meal. oh the Huevos Hyacinth!! if you like egg dishes, this is the one to try. I love when a recipe is this simple and delicious. I have made every recipe in this book except for the burgundy mushrooms, onion strings, and the maple pecan scones but I'll get to those too. 




I haven't made everything in this one yet, but I'll eventually make my way through it. I can, however, vouch for regularly making the Chicken Apricot Panini from page 56 and the Honey Plum Soy Chicken on page 197. Sooo good! 

And now here's the best part-her new cookbook will be released on October 29th! Oh happy days! I will definitely be getting this one as soon as it's available. The link to pre-order the physical book from Amazon is provided below.



No comments:

Post a Comment